Monday, January 21, 2008

Gottcha!

Caught red handed.... Megan has decided that she will periodically help me clean out my purse. Pulling out anything not securely in place- a spare receipt, my car keys, a $5 bill..... And to top it off, my purse started out inside her red diaper bag behind her. How she got it out of there, I'll never know. It's amazing what can happen beneath your feet while you clean up a highchair.

Speaking of cleaning a highchair... Megan is insistent on trying to feed herself. It's good and bad. Good in that she loves eating "our food" which makes eating out a little easier (as long as I order Megan friendly food). She is very occupied with food pieces so I actually get to chew my food instead of merely inhaling it. We found out she LOVES lasagna.
Have I mentioned how messy lasagna eating can be?
Megan is also trying to hold her own spoon. That's not going so well. She usually ends up finger painting in whatever she spilled on the highchair. Don't think for a second that I'm' not holding tightly onto that plate for fear she'll fling it to the floor.
It's so bizarre to realize we are to the stage where eating is very very messy. After each meal I basically have to hose her down. If we are going anywhere, I definitely have to change her. I thought we had tons of laundry before... now we have at least 2 outfits a day due to just eating. One day I'm going to write a post about my LOVE of Oxyclean. Oh my gosh - everyone with children needs it! Without it, we would have permanently stained clothes and bibs. But that's for another day.

On a side note - for any of my shopping savvy money saving friends. If you are a Huggies user, they are on sale at Kroger for 7.99 for a jumbo pack, and there is a coupon on Smart Source for $1.25 off a pack of any size Huggies. They also have a coupon for $1 off Boudreaux's Butt Paste.

No comments: