Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Off to see the Dr...

Today was our appt. for Megan's 1 year check-up and shots. Normally Tom goes with me to hold her down for the shots. I just can't do it. Today I had to rise to the occasion and go alone.... We made it! Megan was a trooper and had recovered within a couple of minutes. By the time she was redressed and headed out the door she was already waving to everyone. It was so cute.

On the way home we stopped off for our first gallon of whole milk (how exciting - she's already had some at lunch). And then had to stop in to the drugstore for our prescription for her double ear infections...


Yes - you read that right.... Again. DOUBLE EAR INFECTIONS! I actually thought to myself last night, I hope she doesn't have an ear infection. She's been sleeping soooo great - 12 hour stretches without any stirring. But she's woken up 2 nights in a row and fussed a little bit. Not really crying and not even to the point that I needed to go check on her. But I knew it was either her teeth or an ear infection. And the winner is... ear infection x 2.


Well the drama of the morning went on.... we got home and I was unloading the car and suddenly I'm realizing - where is snowball?????

You remember snowball right?


Megan's constant companion - her bestest friend - who used to be white and fluffy...

Well if I had to take Megan to get her shots - alone - I was bringing in the 3 big guns to help me so we loaded up with Snowball, blankie and a paci. We made it home with 2 of them..... I vividly remember handing Snowball back to Megan after we got her medicine (right before I hit the "close door" button and walked to my side of the car) and thankfully the pharmacy is only about 1 mile from home so I tore out of the garage (again) and drove like a bat out of (you know where this is going) back to the parking lot... there in the middle of a parking space was a lone semi-white bear. Thank the Lord he had not been run over, thrown away or whatever. I was so terrified that we had really really lost our beloved snowball!!!!

So on the way home Megan and I had a GOOD talking to.

She knew I meant business!

We got home and I opened her sliding door and what should happen.... yep, snowball goes sailing out of the car.

I'm thinking that maybe she'll one day play baseball...

Oh yeah - and from now on, snowball really isn't leaving the house!

1 comment:

hmferrero said...

how many ear infections does that make for her? did they bring up the ear tubes? it's so close to spring - maybe she won't get any more if it gets (and finally stays) warm. i hope the antibiotics kick in soon so she gets better quickly.

thanks for the encouragement on the food. i need it. i had to call walter in the middle of it to get him to remind me of why we have to do it.