Saturday, March 1, 2008

The battle of the bottle

Giving a bottle to Megan has become a funny adventure. She just got fully weaned this week and she's learning how much fun a bottle can be. And we are learning how head strong, creative, demanding, funny, adorable, and humorous, Megan can be.

I'd like Megan to take a bottle like this...

But she usually ends up taking a bottle like this...

She wants to take a bottle, by herself, like this....
When I wont let her hold her bottle - she reacts like this....
Now before you think, why won't you let her hold her own bottle... It's not that she can't hold her own bottle, or won't hold her own bottle. But she's not really used to bottles AND we switched bottles awhile back because of the whole baby bottle scare of bottles possibly leaking bisphenol- A (BPA) into the formula. I figured with the limited number of bottles Megan took (once she hit 4 weeks she flat our refused bottles until she was about 9 months old - and even then sometimes only had 1-2 bottles a week, if any) that I was not willing to take a risk on adding any other toxins into her little developing system, and I was willing to get rid of all the other bottles and invest in a couple of BPA free bottles. SOOOO we switched to the Avent Tempo that has a BPA-free drop-in liner. (boring info I know - but it's important to the story) Back to the main story.... Why won't I let her hold her bottle at this point????????

Because she likes to do this.....
She's discovered the opening on the bottom of the bottle and LOVES to squeeze the drop-in liner and squeeze out the formula. Note the burp cloth on the carpet because I know it's coming....

1 comment:

Sandy P said...

Have you tried milk with her yet? Macie got it a bit early because of my Mom. She will still only drink it warm, but I have gotten her to take it from a Nuby sippy cup.