Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Littlest

This week I've been having some fun Mommy/Nicole time.  With Megan off at school, we've had lots of time together.  One of her favorite places to hang out is in Megan's room... dancing. 
She was measured up this week (for the Teddy medical study that she is in) and she's grown quite a bit!  At 2 years and 9 months, she is 38 inches tall and 41 lbs.  wow!  No wonder she can wear 4T and 5T clothes.  This weekend we went to get  new shoes and her "little" foot was sized into a 9 1/2 shoe.  Whoa!  I felt bad that she walked in wearing a size 8 shoe.  oops.

Of course the guilt continued as they sized Megan into a 13 1/2 and all the shoes she has are size 12.  So they each got a nice new pair of shoes... in the proper size.

For a little school update - Megan is loving Kindergarten.  Today she told me "it was a little overwhelming, but we got a lot accomplished."  She keeps me smiling. She's also loving her uniform.  Each day is a fun treat for her to pick out her what uniform she'll wear - I appreciate that because a few months ago she was really upset with the "boring colors".   I must say I do like the uniform, but dislike that I've had to get my iron cranked up for them.  boo for that one!   

Nicole starts her little 2 year old preschool class next week. She'll go 2 days a week - that will give me a day a week to volunteer at Megan's school.  She seems excited but very confused about who her teacher is.  I'm super excited that she'll have the same 2 year old teachers that Megan had!  AND, she has several good friends in her class - the little siblings of some of Megan's best friends (Macie and Sydney).  I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: