Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Nicole

I can't believe that my baby is 6 months old - half way through her first year. It's mind boggling really. I think about where she came from and where she in now... WOW.



6 Months ago - we were loving on you and welcoming you to our family. You were such a sweetie.But wow, you've come a long way!

It's been a wonderful journey so far, and I know there's a lifetime of joy together ahead of us (God willing).

One of my "hopes" has been that you would learn to sit by youself FAST.... not because I have some super timeline of accomplishments for you to achieve, but because you are probably officially over the weight limit for your car seat carrier. Officially I won't know until next week when we go for your 6 month Dr's appt (and ear recheck), but I am pretty sure you need to be out of that carrier. But I "need" you to be able to sit by yourself so you can sit in shopping carts and high chairs and if I needed to put you down somewhere. But I knew it was a lot of pressure to put on you....

And then holy smokes, this week you suddenly decided you could do it!

You still need something behind you just in case you jerk back too quickly - but you are sitting unassited (with lots of monitoring). I can actually leave you to play for a few minutes as long as there are pillows to fall into. And you seem to love sitting up alone!

Of course there is the occasional... wwwwhhhhhooooooaaaaaa......

But you don't seem to mind the "tipsy's" as long as there is a pillow waiting for you.


In 6 months you've gone from a tiny dependent 9+ lb baby to a thriving 21+ lb baby girl. Time has flown and I've loved every minute of it. The laughs, the giggles, the pulling of my hair to comfort you, even the cuddling when you are sick (although I wish you weren't sick). We love you so much little dumpling. Happy Half Birthday!

1 comment:

hmferrero said...

Way to go Nicole! And happy half birthday too. :)