Monday, March 8, 2010

Nicole's Big Weekend

It was a big weekend for baby Nicole. Not only did she hit the 4 month mark, but we also were blessed to have her baby dedication while her Grandma and Papa were here from MN.

I didn't realize how sentimental it was, but sweet little Nicole had her dedication in the same dress that Megan was dedicated in. Writing blessings for my girls has always been such a challenge. There is so much that we want to "say" in our blessings, so many blessings we pray that the Lord would bestow upon them in thier lives. After a lot of thought, searching the scriptures and prayer, both our girls had the same verse in their blessings. Zephaniah 3:17....

The Lord Your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.That's the cry of our heart little Nicole (and Megan), First and foremost, that you will know that the Lord is with you at all times and He is your savior. But also that you will know that He delights in you, He is your peace and His love is your refuge, and that the Lord himself rejoices over you.
Today, Nicole had her 4 month checkup....

Weight: 18 lbs exactly (>97%)

Height: 25 1/2 inches (90 %)

Head: 41.6 cm (50-75%)

She's a cute little chunk! Already wearing 6-9 month clothing. I'm ready for spring because we are running out of winter clothes that fit. :^) In just 3 inches and 4 lbs she'll be out of her car seat. I'm holding on to that one for as long as possible, simply for convenience.

She did great with her shots - barely cried! Unfortunately at the end of our zoo trip today (for Megan's birthday - more on that to come), the stomach bug that has been going around hit her full force and she threw up. Oh Lord, it was serious vomit (Ann and Amy, I was feeling for you both!). Every parent nearby jumped up to help handing me wipes, napkins, getting my extra burp clothes out of the bag (my party were all on the playground with Megan). It was bad.... I had no idea she had that much in her. And it wasn't the last time I was vomited on today.... :^( Poor Baby. She seems to be better after a very long nap. I'm praying for a good night! We actually went to the Dr last Friday to make sure her ear infection had cleared up and determined that she has a mild case of reflux... so I'm not sure if that added to it or not - but oh my!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day --- so that we can celebrate Papa's birthday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry we missed her dedication. She is a cutie!

What's "funny" is that Dawson vomited about 4-5 times (projectile...poor Suzanna and Tressa witnessed it) before I even realized he was sick. *That's* how much vomit I see on a daily basis. He's got some zofran in him now and is finally able to keep pedialyte down, but I imagine we're all about to get this. Hope the rest of you escape it.