Tuesday, April 15, 2008

up, up, and up...

Megan and I had a great day today. I'm still really worried about her ears. She's digging at them most of the day - but it's not affecting her mood. Thank goodness! Anytime we get to go outside, it makes for a wonderful day. It warmed up more than expected today and that was a huge blessing!!!!! We go to the ENT on Thursday morning. I'm readyfor a little expertise in dealing with these little ears.

Of course we went for a walk... afterwards we sat in the backyard a bit. There were tons of airplanes out today for some reason so Megan was fascinated. And the birds aren't quite as scared of her anymore so they'll hop on the ground close enough for her to watch them. And when she gets bored she finds something to get into...
At this point I'm thinking... maybe I should stop her. But she had such a cute "hhuuummm, what to do now" look on her face that I wanted to see what she would do next...


She figured out how to get her feet under her. So I figured she'd hit a wall....

until....

Up she goes some more... At this point I'm getting pretty darn concerned.
She's just flat out proud of herself for scaling the giant stroller. I'm terrified because what does this mean is next????? Her goal, in case you are wondering, isn't actually just to stand up, it's to get to her snack bowl (which is by her hand - which she got to). At this point the photos stopped because I was worried that she hadn't thought about the coming down part. I was a spotter - but she got down to the bottom step really well.... I pretty much caught her at that point - she forgot it wasn't on the ground. :^)

And about an hour later, Tom was watching her in our playroom and I heard - "oh my goodness, sweetie, that's not a good idea, you're scaring Daddy!" (or something like that) - I was too busy laughing to myself thinking how many times I day I hear myself saying something like that. She had figured out how to climb up in her little rocker and stand up in it. Great..... Another adventure in toddler land.

No comments: