Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Megan decided to move out...
Our niece and nephews passed on their Little Tykes playhouse. I don't think I even need to describe how much she loves it...And we were all glad that it has one all important safety feature...
A fire escape. :^)

Now I'm just waiting for the first time she actually does go head first all the way out the window.


On a side note - we hit a major milestone last night. And it was a milestone for me more than Megan.... Megan ate a new food (which she loved and devoured a ton of) and evidently it didn't agree with her - because at 2:30 this morning she was vomiting it all up... UGH. In case you didn't know it about me - I am a reactionary vomiter... "no one throws up alone" is my motto. She isn't sick - her bed was just covered in that one food that she ate - nothing else from dinner - just that one thing. I'm just being vague because really, just knowing it happened is enough of the details. The milestone... for the first time in my life - I didn't join in on the fun (if you know what I mean). Anyone who says, "it's different when it's your own child" if flat out not living in my world. It's no different... but at 3am - hey, you just survive it, clean it, hug her, and try to think of your happy place. And this morning, she woke up in a great mood, none the worse for wear. So no more of that food for her for quite awaile!!!!!

3 comments:

Kevin Wade said...

Yeah. That's why you shouldn't give kids beer. :-)

Uncle Dan said...

Does Megan's kitchen fit in her new house?

Valerie said...

yeah, Kev - I'll keep that in mind. :^)

And No, Dan... the kitchen is too big. But her house does have a cute little stove area. I'm going to move some of her pots and pans out there.