Thursday, December 18, 2008

What to do on a muggy winter day?

OK so officially it's not winter yet (3 days left in Fall)... but you wouldn't know it with our frigid temps. So what do you do on a day when temps suddenly rise to 70 degrees when it's been in the 20's-40's?????

Head to the zoo - of course!I have to say I've never gotton there when it opens (ok, let's be real - we were late). I loved it. All the animals are right there to greet you. Megan walked right up to the fence and turned to me, pointed and said.... "Nigh no" - which is Meganese for "Rhino." We have so many animal books and she loves them, but I didn't even know she knew the word Rhino, let alone identify him. Love that little girl!!!

We met up with some friends and had a blast....
The monkeys, monkeying around...
Megan was excited to see many of her little boyfriends - especially Jackson (who she calls Jack jack) and Will.

One of our fun "firsts" was to ride the train at the zoo. We hitched a ride with our friends Nate (in front of her) and Bryce (in back of her). We also took a quick ride on the zoo Merry-go-round (which Megan calls 'mare mare'). I have to say, that was the fastest Merry-go-round I've ever been on. Megan loved it. If you've been on the one at our mall... this one is 2-3 times faster! whoa!

And this was my sweet pea about 3 minutes after driving out of the zoo, she was trying to keep her eyes open and talk to me, but lost the battle before we were even on the expressway to go home. AND... I must say, the zoo was a good trip - that pumpkin slept for 3 1/2 hours today. WooHoo!

No comments: