Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Christmas To Remember

This week we had a wonderful formal dinner hosted by the Women's ministry at our church. Women volunteer to decorate a table. The tables are amazing and each one is a different theme. This was my first year volunteering as a hostess. It's a bit overwhelming because you bring your fine china and best decorations.... well... I don't exactly have fine China. Never saw a need for it, I'm just not a hostess of that caliber - Kudos to all that are... but if you've been to my house for a big dinner, you've probably eaten on paper plates. :^)

So some sweet friends, Natalie and Tressa, volunteered to help with the table. I have to say, our "Simple" Christmas table was wonderful. The goal - to keep the focus on the meaning of Christmas.

The nativity scene was the perfect centerpiece. Thanks to everyone at our table - I hope you had as much fun as we did!

No comments: