Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update on a Prayer Request

I know a lot of my friends out there have been praying for Tricia and Nate and baby Gwyneth. If you've been keeping up with their blog then you know Gwyneth is doing great! She's already 9 months old and is a champ. Unfortunately, life was still "on the edge" when Tricia was diagnosed with Post-Transplant Lymphoma in her new lungs after her lung transplant. Nate and Tricia seem to have an amazing faith but I can imagine it was a blow to them to learn that the lymphoma has not responded to chemo. Some of the spots have potentially grown and there is the possiblity it has spread to a lymph node.

My heart hurts for them because I honestly can't imagine what they are going through. We had a scare when I was pregnant with Megan and the Dr's thought that Tom's brain tumor was growing again and I remember thinking, Lord, surely this is a joke - we are about to have a baby girl - I can't do this alone. Thankfully, it was just a scare and over a year and a half later he's still getting the all clear. But I also know that every 3-6 months when he goes in for that MRI, I have a few days of complete and overwhelming fear of the "what if". Sorry, I know this is a little heavy for a blog - but it's just straight up honesty about life. All that to say.... my heart is really hurting for them. I know the fear of the unknown and how it will affect this sweet family that God has so graciously given. So please take time to pray for Tricia, Nate, and Gwyneth. We know the Lord is at work in this situation even when we don't get it.