Monday, August 4, 2008

Where did the week go?

In all the hoopla of getting back in the groove after our beach trip - this week just vanished. I know I was busy - but suddenly I realized, it's the weekend and it's August and where did the week go?

Megan has been enjoying her little table. I picked this up a couple of months ago at our neighborhood garage sale for a few dollars. It's great and she loves being at a big girl table. She'll haul a toy up there and sit and play, then get down and go to the next chair, and start all over. I can now actually empty the dishwasher without her climbing inside. woohoo!

We also went to meet up with some teacher friends of mine (Thanks Kerri and Suzanne). I didn't really get a good picture of Megan and May playing, but it was fun. On the way home we stopped off at a playground. It was awesome!


Megan had a great time and I loved watching her explore her new skills and sense of adventure. Don't think I didn't hold my breath a few times as she tumbled down some slides head first but it was great. They have 2 playscapes - one for toddlers and one for older kids.
Megan could navigate it pretty well. She even showed me she could not climb UP slides. Yeah, every ounce of the teacher in me wanted to say NO, we go down slides and up ladders... but it was so fun to watch her excitement at trying something new that I let her do it. Oh well, a bad habit that I'll now have to break. But a neat "milestone" to watch.

It was so much fun that the next day we went back with our friend Nate.
We ended up having to rush out of the playground when a big storm just opened up on us. I wrote about that in a previous post. We came home and I got megan out of the car and she RAN into the rain. Little thrill seeker.....

She had so much fun in the rain that I let her play... until it started to thunder.


After it dried off we went back out to play since it was cloudy and a little cooler...
hula hoop anyone?

And all this happened... before the weekend! Maybe I'll have time to get all our weekend clebrations on there later today.

And to edit my previous couple of posts... the fountains were NOT in Rosemary Beach. It's actually in Sea Crest Beach - which is next to Rosemary beach (which has a great ice cream shop).

No comments: