Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Art Class

I've been trying for weeks to get a picture of Megan in her little Abrakadoodle art class (thank you to our local parks and rec for offering it at a really affordable rate). Let's just say,"taking a picture" sounds much easier than it is. Generally I'm trying desperately to keep Megan from getting paint all over everything. She's definitely INTO her artwork. She loves the painting, and loves using all the tools they give her to paint with. In the end, however, she loves using her fingers and anything that will let her "dot dot dot" with the paint. This was her world that she was working on. I think she had the most fun with it of anything we've done so far.

The class is fun, but I must say it's been exhausting for me. I'm not sure if it was because I've been sick during most of it, or if it's because some of the things they've done have really stretched her beyond what I would think a young 2 year old could do. But I have to say, it's very sweet to put her artwork out in the kitchen and have her walk past and start talking about each painting (mostly reminding me that she dot dot dotted) and saying "art class". It's sweet. I'll try to get a couple more pictures before the class ends in 2 weeks and at least get some shots of her artistry.

(PS - if you look closely, you can see the remainder of Megan's goose egg on her forehead from her chair collison)

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

We took a mommy and me art class when Cole was almost 3, or had just turned 3, I forget. Either way it almost killed me and I was not pregnant. Connor loves art, but I didn't put him in a class until he was old enough to do it on his own!! :)