Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Festival of Trees

Earlier this week, we met up with Ann and Nate at the Atlanta History Center to see the Festival of Trees. I have to say, I was a little disappointed. It was "downsized" this year and by the time we got there they had already given away some of the trees. The kids liked looking at the trees, but it was a little sad that it wasn't the big Christmas extravaganza that I thought it would be


The best part of the outing was their cool train room. They have one room set up like a town with a train running around it. On the outside you can push buttons all around the track to make the minatures do things. They had bears skating, planes flying (that was a big hit with Megan and Nate), busses moving, all sorts of things. I think we all liked the train room better than the trees.
I got to show Megan some of what to expect when we go visit Grandma and Papa in MN - a little snowblower in action. And the little man is even wearing MN Viking colors. Uncle Dan I told Megan that was what you had been doing last week.

No comments: