Monday, May 9, 2011

Half Birthday and Mother's Day

What a weekend.... it was a full agenda from Megan's ballet Recital, to Nicole's half birthday, to Mother's Day. We took a little time out on Saturday to do some water painting.Nicole pretty much snacked and painted her way across the driveway and back again... Megan got into her work and painted her shapes and letters (and then her cozy coupe car, once she got bored)...




Oh those sweet girls. They sure do make Mothers Day a pleasure. I was talking with a friend last week about how serious the job of mothering is. Then at church on Sunday one of the teachers read a poem that ended with the quote, "the hand that rocks the cradle, is the hand that rules the world." and I thought... that sums up the weight of what I feel.... what happens here, today, on my watch (as my girls mom) - it isn't just for here or for today - it's for eternity. Somedays it is a bit overwhelming, but always a tremendous blessing and pleasure.

And when I get these smiles..... It makes every second soooo worthwile!



And that little princess.... Saturday was her half birthday. Hard to believe Nicole is officially 1 1/2. She's growing like a weed and developing her own little unique personality (let's just say I think it's payback for my own childhood antics)! It's been a long 18 months and yet it's been like a flash. We have her 18 month check-up and Megan's 4 year old check up in 2 weeks... so I'll update with her stats then!









And I can't forget to mention that this past week I got to visit Megan's school for a special Mother's Tea and Breakfast. I loved having some special time with my first baby.



After all, she first made me a mom!






AND.... I cannot get video's to post on here. I don't know what the deal is - they'll post on Facebook and Youtbe - but not on the blog.



Sooooo....


If you want to see Megan's recital video's - click on the link:



Tap Routine - which she did an amazing job on.



Ballet Routine - You'll hear Megan singing during the ballet routine... I think she forgot that it was a dance recital vs. choir. :)

No comments: