Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update

Megan has entered into a fun phase..... singing.
She's always liked to sing - but suddenly she's started bursting out into song at the funniest times and with songs that I have no idea how she knows. About a week ago she was playing with a pom pom game I made for her and she started singing "pop goes the weasel" - I don't really know where she's learned that song. I can't say it's one we've really sung a lot at home. And then one day she sang an entire round of "twinkle twinkle little star" and of "Jesus loves me". We sing them all the time - but she's never on her own just sung the whole thing. It has just warmed our hearts. I'm trying to get a video of her - but she's a moving target, so I haven't been too lucky there so far.

I can't believe I've been out of the blogging loop for over a week. We are in the midst of doing major preparations for Baby 2. The office is finally out of the room that is about to become the nursery. Tomorrow it's getting painted - then the carpets are getting cleaned... YIPEE. We did get the crib put together and slowly clothes are getting washed. And all this while chasing Megan around. :^)

I did go to the chiropractor yesterday and that was wonderful!!! I've had so much back pain that lifting Megan and doing much of anything was out of the question. And in keeping with the musical girl that she seems to be.... I'm sad to say that Megan can also sing the opening songs for Dora, Diego,The Backyardigans, and our new favorite show - the Dinosaur Train. Oh well, this to is just a phase. I'm making the chiropractor a fixture in my life for the remainder of the pregnancy because it's been such a HUGE difference - I want to keep being able to function for the next 8 1/2 weeks (or 5 if this little one takes after her sister).

Well, I'll try to do better getting posts done - but until then.... that's the update from the Blaisdell household!

1 comment:

Sandy P said...

Macie loves to sing. She came home the first day of school singing a song from her class. I bet Megan is picking songs up there too. (Macie is singin the Itsy Bitsy Spider right now) I would also be willing to bet that Macie watches more TV than Megan. She is an addict.

I am hoping to get all of us in to see Dr. Matt next week. I am glad to hear it helped you. Maybe it will help get through missing a day of school!