Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

... it's off to school we go!

Today is Megan's first day at "school." It's not something I had planned on happening so soon, but over the past 2 1/2 years I've come to realize that my plans aren't always the best. Life just happens, and you roll with the punches and find a new plan.

So this morning, the little miss headed off for her 2 year old class. We had a hard time getting a picture but finally with a little help from Snowball, we got one. It's so funny to see her with her big girl backpack - it's half her size. Once we got to school, Megan just walked on in and we headed to the potty.... She decided she needed to go (and she already loves their little potty) and literally took herself to the potty. She hung her backpack up and then she headed off to play with the dollies (her class is mostly boys). She never looked back, and one of her teachers headed over to keep her occupied as I slipped out.

Walking across the parking lot I really struggled to not burst into tears. I don't know if it was that my big girl just up went to the potty alone, that she looked so big with her backpack, that she was so happy playing and never looked back to see where I was, if this was just the beginning of years of her growing in her independence... or perhaps it was the raging pregnancy hormones! :^) Whatever it was - I was able to choke at least 1/2 the tears back. Now I'm about to head back over there to pick my little darling up.

I can't wait to hear about her day!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah for your first day of school, Miss Megan! We're so proud of what a big girl you are!!! I know it's hard on Mommy and Daddy that you're growing up so fast, but I'm guessing Mommy is going to learn to enjoy your school time, too. Especially once your baby sister gets here! Keep having fun in school and astounding us with what am amazing little lady you are! We love and miss you!!!

Uncle Tony & Auntie Dawn

Mitzi said...

I can't wait to hear how it went from her perspective. I saw Ms. Mandi after school and she said it was a good first day for Megan's whole class.

Sandy P said...

It was a little hard for me because I kept remembering my first time dropping Carson off at school. I can remember it so well and now look where he is!

Megan looked adorable and hopefully she is taking a long nap for you.

Amy said...

Hope she had a fun day. She sure looks cute!

hmferrero said...

Hope she loved it! And hope you enjoyed a teeny bit of time for you. Enjoy it before the baby comes!!!