Friday, April 3, 2009

Ouch!

Well, It's been a crazy week with tons of things going on around here and once again, my blogging life has not really existed. And, I did "lose" my camera..... it's now found so I have tons of pictures to get uploaded and posted - so hopefully this next week I'll do a better job of getting on the computer. I can always hope...

Yesterday during a break in the rain, Megan and I were outside playing on the driveway. We were kicking and throwing a ball - and unfortunately the ball got the best of Megan.... causing her to do a horrible nose dive into the cement driveway. It was horrible and she cried and cried and I was on the verge. I finally got her nose to stop bleeding and was able to survey the damage...Yeah - huge scrape down the bridge of her nose, over the nostril, and under her nose - not to mention a black/blue goose egg on her forehead.

But I figure, hey - she's 2 and this was her first major fall - I guess we are doing pretty good. Unfortunately, it looks worse today. Today you can tell how deep those scrapes were. I'm afraid it's going to take awhile to heal.

Did I mention that we are having our family portrait taken tomorrow for our church directory.... great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Well, at least they can touch up the photos. Poor thing!

hmferrero said...

oh no! poor baby!

Perri said...

Valerie,
It was so great to see all of you at Mom and Dad's reception on Sunday. Megan is growing up so fast and looked so cute in her dress (especially when she had a cookie in each hand). She was so proud of herself :)