Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're going to the zoo....

This week we went to the zoo....

Megan LOVES the zoo but it was the first time that Tom got to see her react to all the animals. We started out our zoo day with a fun concert by Rob of The Music Class. Megan and I took a little mommy and me class there - and she had so much fun that we wanted to take advantage of a free concert at the zoo. We met up with some folks from our church in the parking lot, then another couple in the class, then another couple when we were eating lunch. That just made it more fun!

Here's one of our friends, Shelby, enjoying a song with Mr. Rob. She got to be the "demo girl" for a tickling song.

After the concert we got down to animal business... Megan once again couldn't get enough of the elephants.
She got rides from both of us. Here I am holding onto her for dear life because she'd been bouncing up and down on my shoulders and trying to lurch into the rhino pen. She really likes the rhino's...
Here she is with Daddy. All smiles, but thankfully not lurching. :^) She also has the best time watching the giraffes and zebra's.
After seeing all the animals and eating lunch we headed to the playground (which is a great playground). Of course after all her playing, she found the best part of the playground... a step! Megan has really been trying to climb up and down steps and on and off chairs. Here's the play by play....


OH - a step....


I think I can....


Woo Hoo - YEAH for me!!!!

Megan went up and down that step at least 10 times - and never stopped looking so happy and joyful about her accomplishment.

So fun. I have so much to try to get posted on here. Hopefully I'll have more time tonight or tomorrow to try to catch up.

No comments: