Tuesday, February 10, 2009

General B Lee did NOT see his shadow!

If you are from GA, hopefully you know who General Beauregard Lee is.... it's our groundhog. He may not be as famous as PunxsutawneyPhil - but hey, he's pretty darn accurate for our GA weather. Well, Beau did not see his shadow - meaning Spring is around the corner.... now I don't know if that is true or not - but all I know is I'm loving the weather this week!!!!

73 degrees..... That's what my car thermometer read when I was leaving the zoo today! What a gorgeous day - it was the perfect day to meet up with some neighbors and head to the zoo. The animals are always a hit with Megan. We had to go back and check out "Africa" before we left because the rhino and the elephants weren't out when we got there, and Megan was beside herself. She was a happy camper when she finally got to see them both. I think those are her favorite animals. Although, she really took notice of the birds this trip - especially the flamingos and the horned bills (we saw them mulitple times since they are on the trail to and from "Africa."

And of course, if you go to the zoo you must ride the train...
And the merry-go-round...

This trip, we stayed a little longer and played on the playground. It's a fun playground. A lot of the features are too big for us right now, but they still have plenty of toddler friendly activities.
My little monkey...
The airplane see-saw was a big hit....
But by far, this was her favorite spot on the playground....

I had to stay really close because she kept jumping herself off.

I had to pretty much drag Megan out of there... with the promise of going back to find the rhino. It was such a great day. I love February days when it's warm like this. Reminds me that spring is around the corner.

No comments: