Friday, May 11, 2012

Our First Graduate

Megan has officially graduated from pre-k. 
 It was a super sweet and special graduation.  We have had a great year and just love her teachers - Ms. Julie and Ms. Kathy.   I hope that Nicole will one day be in their class too.


I'm still trying to figure out how my little baby has grown so much, so fast!  I went in with a box of tissues... I was hoping I'd be able to keep it together and not get all emotional.  I was doing pretty good.  UNTIL....  They went around and asked all the graduates what they wanted to be when they grow up.  It was so cute - there were a few veterinarians, doctors, a super hero, firemen, a princess, a ballet dancer, an ear nose and throat dr (that got a few giggles), and then it was Megan's turn.  She was the last one.  Here is her response...
What do you want to be when you grow up?????
A Mom!  You can hear all the "aaawwwww's" that went through the chapel.  I think I got the camera off before you heard all the - "ok, you can cry now responses."  and cry I did.  That was the best mothers day pat on the back I could have ever recieved.

The kids also had a few songs prepared for us.  This was my favorite...
Of course I cried during the "Jesus I'll give you my heart" part too.  And I am so glad I didn't turn the camera off because of Megan's "unplanned solo" about half way through. 
What a special day for our little graduate.... and for her mommy!  A cherished memory that will carry me through the rough days of ES, MS, and HS.

No comments: