Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Fourth

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We had a very full weekend - a couple of birthday parties, lunch playdates at the park, cookout, fireworks... It was hard for reality to set back in today.

This is one of my favorite weekend pictures of Nicole. She has the ability to know right when the camera will flash and usually gets her eyes closed (even at photo studios they are shocked that out of 20 shots they get only 1 with her eyes open). And she was so cute in her patriotic outfit.I think one of the reasons I love that picture so much is that I remember Megan wearing that outfit. She wore it on the day that she first learned how to go up and down a slide all by herself. Funny how some things just stand out in my memory like that. Nicole is no where near accomplishing a milestone like that - maybe that is what cracks me up. Here is Megan wearing that outfit....Megan was days away from being 16 months old (her curly hair started to reveal itself at 13 months)... Nicole is in that outfit days away from being 8 months old.

No comments: