Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

He is Risen!
He is Risen, Indeed!
Happy Easter from our family to yours!

It's been a wonderful day full of family and friends. This morning, Megan got to start her day off right with a little "romp" with her BFF Mary Grace.
A beauty admiring the beauties....
Now that is what I call "stopping to smell the roses!" I must add here that I had to chase her down to get all the pollen off her face. She really wanted to make sure she experienced ALL the flower had to offer.
I just love this sweet little friendship.

Then of course we had to have our traditional family gathering. Megan always loves having her cousins over.

And this gathering just isn't complete without a HUGE egg hunt - with 124 eggs (31 each). Somehow we just keep gaining more and more eggs each year. I just love this shot of Megan running to get an egg. She was so excited and had so much fun.
And I have to say, it melted my heart to hear, "momma, look I found a blue one." The sweet innocence of a 3 year old egg hunter. Some days I wish I could just bottle these moments to savor them forever!

Each egg was like winning a million dollars to her - "look Momma! Here's another one! Momma, I found one in the tree. Oh my goodness Momma, I have a lot of eggs!"
I could just eat her up!
And of course, with that many eggs to find - Granddad stepped in to give a few hints on where those tricky eggs were still hiding.

It was a wonderful day and a beautiful start to spring break. I'm sure this week will hold lots of fun outings (mommy's sanity will require it!).

No comments: