Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recommendation

Today we started a class through our local park and recreation system... It is a mommy and me type gymnastics class. Because it's through the park and rec system - it's extremely affordable. Probably 1/3 of what you'd pay anywhere else and it's a great indoor, run off your energy, winter activity.

I have no pictures - but I will. Today I was so busy that I never had a chance to get my camera out. Megan LOVED it! I have to say, this has been the most fun class we've taken. It's really more like a guided playtime than a class - but there are 2 teachers for 7 kids so Megan got a lot of attention and learned to hold on and swing on the uneven bars, balance on the balance beams, try her hand at rolling down an incline, try to climb a rope ladder (not eager for her to master that one!), jump on a trampoline, she even got to swing on a rope swing and held on by herself, and her favorite activity... jumping into a giant foam pit.

I spent a lot of time in that foam pit to fish her out. Let's just say that I got a workout too! Megan literally laughed for the entire 45 minutes that we were there. I can honestly say I've never seen her have so much fun.

So all that to say.... if you don't live in my city - check your own park and rec system out to see if they offer classes. They are inexpensive and fun and I know our parks offer classes for the littlest tykes in sports, art, etc... And you can sign up even if you don't live in my city. They are a little more for a non-resident, but most are still cheaper than you'd find anywhere else.

2 comments:

Uncle Dan said...

I can't wait for pictures. Until then I can hear the giggles and squeals, along with seeing the big smiles, in my imagination!

hmferrero said...

sounds like a ton of fun. i will have to see if they have any in our county (and on the weekends).