Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
(1 Chronicles 16:34)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am continually reminded how thankful I am for my family and friends - near and far! On Thanksgiving day, we made out annual trip to AL to see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. It's always a full house and so much fun. I would be so sad if our tradition ever ended - it's a highlight of the year. I love being together with you guys and appreciate you so much! We reminsced a little bit about the "old days" when we would sit around and play games for hours.... then we started getting married and having kids.... Here are the kiddos that can still be refered to kiddos. If they are over 6 ft tall - they didn't hang out for the kid pictures.
This year was a sweet year celebrating with Megan - boy, how life has changed in a year.... Last year the challenge was coordinating Megan's nap schedule, and eating schedule so that I got to eat with everyone... This year - it was a whole new ballgame. For starters, she didn't sleep on our 3 hour journey over. I had this all planned out... and my plan didn't execute quite as planned. So by the time we got there, it was Megan's nap time - but she was having way to much fun to nap.... so actually eating was a bit of a challenge. I can honestly say, it was the first year that I didn't leave totally full. Which was probably a good thing - just different. Tom put Megan in the car for the trip home, and she was asleep before we finished saying our goodbyes. I think it was her way of saying, 10 hours is a long time for a little girl to stay awake.
When she did wake up, she had Grandma and Papa right there to help keep her happy until we got home. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving over here. We are thinking of our MN family and sending you guys hugs and kisses!


No comments: