Sunday, September 26, 2010

The end of a Decade...

Seriously, how is it that I'm at the end of a decade. Tomorrow I suddenly wake up with a new number in front of a zero. wow. Oh well - it's just another number! And to be honest... life is so full and we are having so much fun that the big 4-0 is just a bilp on the radar.


But I think that this whole month has been full of birthday surprises - last weekend we headed to the lake for a weekend with friends - so fun. This weekend Tom managed to surpise me several times, and it's not even my birthday yet. :^)


But to help me end the decade with good memories - Nicole has learned to drink from a straw! Yeah. We've been working on this for awhile, and she's done it before. But as with all things new, some days she sucks and some days she just chews - whatever suits her mood. But today the tide turned and she's started using a straw cup. Woohoo! You just can't imagine (ok, I know many of you can), the freedom of knowing that wherever you are, you can hand your child a cup of water and they are set. yipee! That's a great birthday present from Nicole!


Last weekend the birthday celebration began with a trip to the Lake with Natalie. A few other friends joined us and that made it all the more fun.

Megan and Olivia on the little tubes.


Even Nicole got to enjoy the water a bit!




She loved having her buddy, John Marshall there for some little person company.


And of course, I spent a lot of time on the tube with Megan and Olivia.


John Marshall took these boat rides as opportunities to catch some ZZZZ'a.


Oh yeah - and I tubed more (did I mention that I had to go to the chiropractor twice last week).


Nicole enjoyed her rides on the boat as well.


At least my sweet girl loved the boat... as long as mommy was close by!

Let's just say that fun was had by all - the little kids and the big kids!!!


Nicole once again was glad that baby Emma joined her on the boat. Baby girl power - all the way!
Tom had his tubing time with the big girls too.... he taught them lots of water stunts!

And a trip to the lake is just not complete without a trip to the marina for ice cream!


After some ice cream, even John Marshall got in on the boating action....

And that let my friend Patrece get her bid in for mommy of the year with her daughter Olivia.
Nicole thought the excitement was just too much!

John Marshall agreed!


When all was said and done it was a great pre-birthday weekend getaway!


What fun memories to end out this decade!

No comments: