Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Making the Jump

Yes... it's time! This is my baby after she woke up from a nap.

You can see that in her crib, she likes to set up her stuffed animals and read to them. It's so sweet to hear her wake up and listen to her carry on a conversation and start singing and reading to "her friends."But it is getting a little cramped in there!
But not for long.... yesterday this was delivered....And today we get the mattresses.... Megan is very excited about the jump to her big girl bed. I asked her what she's most excited about and she says, "mommy it has an upstairs, and I can go potty all by myself." She is excited and today her nap will be in the big girl bed. I'm a little nervous about this transition - mostly because we are in such challenging phase of life right now with Megan testing every limit that I'm concerned about how hard it's going to be to keep her in her bed. Especially when she's been saying for days, "after school it's going to snow." Oh dear.
But we are all excited about the bed - her new girly sheets and blankets are in the washer/dryer now. Hopefully it'll all be put together before she gets home. I have a feeling she's going to go bonkers over it.
Sidenote... we did already take the ladder out so we don't have any scaling up to the top without parental supervision. :^)
I'll try to get some pictures up later of Megan in her bed for the first time. So exciting!
And hopefully we'll get some fun snow pictures today - I think I'm worse than kids on wanting snow (just a few days of it though - enough for a snowman!).

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the new bed, and can't wait to see it with the cute girly bedding! How much snow does Miss Megan want? I'm personally a little sick of it here in Minnesota and I'll gladly send her as much as she wants!. "See" you later!

hmferrero said...

Wow! That's very exciting!!!