Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween. I must say that this year - Megan got into the trick-or-treating spirit of things. With all the "baby planning" going on around here, we actually didn't get around to carving our jack-o-lantern until this afternoon. And lets just say, Megan wasn't that into that part of the festivities. She stuck her hand in once or twice and was over the pumpkin.

But then it came time to get dressed up in our costume.....
OH yeah - that was fun!!!! Megan was a Ballerina! Which worked out just fine for us because she has multiple dance outfits so she just picked out the one she wanted and ta-da.... Instant Ballerina. It was wet and chilly so thankfully she took my guidance and went with the long sleeve pink one (since I actually had pink tights for her).

Then it was time to meet up with the neighbors...
Unfortunately about the time our little photo shoot ended, the rain began. Bummer! I have to say, I don't actually ever remember it raining on Halloween when I was a kid. But when costumes and candy are involved - it's easy to entertain some kids. Like..... each adult take some candy and head to a bedroom. Then let the kids knock on the doors and just trick-or-treat inside....Finally the rain let up and we headed outdoors to visit our neighbors....
Megan loved it!
We got a few neighbors in before it started raining again. I have to admit that I was having fun and when the sprinkles began, and Megan said - "one more house..." of course we went to at least 6 more. :^) Now what we are going to do with all that candy - you got me....
And when it really did start raining again - we retreated to our neighbors house again and the kids (and dads) got engrossed in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So fun! Maybe next year Megan will want to be an Oompa Loompa...

OK, maybe not... I'm predicting next year we'll have a princess or cowgirl on our hands.

No comments: