Sunday, April 3, 2011

Skating

When I was young, one of my favorite memories is of my awesome metal skates... you know the ones - they go over your shoes. I can remember skating all around our garage in the winter (they were a Christmas present). I LOVED those skates. Now in the world of in-line skates, it's hard to find something like that. But they do still exist - only not metal... good ole plastic, over-your-shoe skates. And... Megan has some! She's so excited about them - but unlike my metal ones, you really can't skate in them. They don't really work like skates do. But that does not deter my little skater wanna-be! She dons those plastic Dora skates (and usually a helmet) and off we go. Now - just know that "off we go" means "mommy is holding her up while her feet thrash about in an attempt to be a cool skater". When Grandma and Papa were here, they got to see her in action!

I never got my posts in about our visit with Grandma and Papa at the beginning of March... so I'm going to try to catch up and get some older posts up this week!

No comments: