Friday, February 25, 2011

My Helper

There are some things that you really don't want help with...



But you have a little girl PLEADING to help.....



And it is for her.....



So you give in and let your little helper have a go at it....

I started with a bit square on the wall and told Megan to color it in....

She did a great job and was VERY proud of herself. Somehow the square expanded to as high as she could reach and down to the floor. I have never been so thankful for acutally taping off a room before I painted!


I had to go back and smooth out all the paint gobs and re-roll the wall... but it was worth it for as excited she was to say she helped paint her "Princess Bathroom". you can't tell but the base color is a really really light purple. And the mess was worth the experience!Today I sponged the walls a darker lavender. The walls are really imperfect due to a previous taking off of wallpaper that had been on for over 30 years and the walls had never been primed under the wallpaper. So the sponging is perfect to cover up all the details of the wallpaper removal abuse. I don't have any "purple" pictures... but those will be coming. Then... it'll be all things princess!!!

No comments: