Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Funny Stories to Remember

Oh I've been horrible getting to the blog at night... I'll try to do better, I promise. But I had to post a few funny and/or memorable things that I just don't want to forget (especially for non-facebook family)...

Megan: what a cutie. She's trying to drop her nap. And I'm letting her. It's been a rough go of it because she gets grumpy and if we go anywhere after 4 pm we risk her falling asleep in the car. And I lose MY time everyday (hence, no blog updates). We are working on her having some quiet alone time each day... but she hates being alone so much that it's been a challenge. The positive side of that is that she's ready for bed by 7:30! WooHoo!!!!! She also has those super cute moments that make you want to just hug her and never let go. Like when she runs up and tells you, "It's your special day!" And you ask, why and her response is, "because you get to sit next to me!" I just love her - and she sure does make me feel special.

Nicole: Oh she loves dogs! You will know if she sees one -real or a picture - because she'll start barking. It comes out sounding like, "ouh ouh ouh ouh" It's very cute - and loud! You might not realize how many posters of that Target Dog there are at your local Target... unless you are with a girl who barks at every one of them. :^) Today we were at a craft store and she was barking constantly - I couldn't find a dog anywhere and couldn't figure out what she was doing - I thought she was just excited to see all the people. Until suddenly she lunged for a coat in someone's cart. Suddenly I realized that she'd been barking at everyone who was wearing a coat that was lined with fur. Which is obviously the IN thing because she pretty much "barked" at everyone we passed. I started laughing and the lady who's cart we were next to thought I'd lost it, so I explained that my baby thought her coat was a dog and she was barking at it.... Let's just say she was not as amused as I was. Really, it wasn't a slam on the coat... I'm just glad that I didn't buy one last week when I was looking at them. She'd be barking at me all day!

And the biggest change in the Blaisdell household..... (drum roll please.......)...... Last night, for the first time in almost 13 months - I DID NOT PUT NICOLE TO BED! I went out and Tom put her down! I know - hard to believe.... 13 months without a night off - every bedtime feeding was mine. But this is the baby who wouldn't take a bottle - and now who won't drink milk. So - she was mine. It's taken a month to wean her off her final nursing time and find a bedtime routine that didn't involve a cup of milk or something... but it's done and now I'm so excited about finally getting a REAL date night (one that doesn't involve me being back home by 8:30 to feed Nicole).

Nicole is also a pro a kiss blowing -and for the record has 12 teeth and seems to be working on another one. She is not walking but seems to be working on mustering up some courage and will occasionally take 1 step to something. She is so fast at crawling that she's not in any hurry to walk. Both girls currently have ear infections and both are having asthma flareups due to the cold weather. Christmas cards aren't done, shopping isn't finished, but life is FULL and fun!

No comments: